Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thank you






Another Turkey Day has come and gone, and this one had it's own ups and downs just like the previous ones. It seems that no matter how hard you hope for the best in a family get together, you still get a share of drama, great food, cute moments with all of the kids, and a little more drama . . . at least in my family! I hope I'm not alone though! Sometimes, I feel like the only thing that gets me through Thanksgiving is knowing that I can blow off steam on Black Friday with a little bit of retail therapy! Anyway, here are a few pics of our feast prepared mostly by my talented, wonderful, handsome, charming (sorry ladies, he's taken!), sweet brother, Josh. My favorite was the turkey confied (sp?) in duck fat. It was SO juicy and tender it just melted in your mouth. It had a honey glaze on it that you could dip the meat into before putting it into your mouth, so the broth and honey just mixed wonderfully and gave the bird amazing taste. yum. The lamb WAS a very close second, though! The other pictures are of the table and the (over)abundance of food my sweet mom & dad always provide! I swear it's a Persian thing, all of the guests must leave feeling STUFFED! You know, a sign of a hospitable host!?! Anyway, I'm not complaining! It was YUMMMMY! The other pic is one that my SIL, Megan, made, caramel cheesecake with Snickers topping. It was SO good. Even Hudson couldn't get enough of the filling! Kudos, Megan, it was perfect! Oh, yeah, and the last pic, well those are some of the crazy cousins the kids love to play with at family get togethers! It is SO wonderful seeing all of the kids grow up together! Blessings, I tell ya, SO many blessings to give thanks for this year!

No comments: