Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude

So, every night for a few months now I've tried to go to bed by first writing in my "gratitude" journal. I don't know how you are really supposed to keep the journal, but my way was to write down at least 5 things I was grateful for during that day. This was all in an attempt to keep me positive because sometimes I can just be so angry all day and I don't really know why. SO . . . here's my entry for today. I don't know if I'll always have my laptop available, but since it's on my lap now, here's my entry!

1. I am grateful for the gym.
2. I am grateful for my sewing machine. It helped me sew darts into Eliza's hand me down pants from her sister today (because she's SO skinny, even her underwear won't stay up!!)
3. I am grateful for Target -- the place I can go where I know I'll find something cute anytime, for anyone.
4. I am grateful for apologies. I owe Cameron a big fat one in the a.m. because I was so spent by the time I was supposed to help him with his American Indian project that I just ended up being short with him the entire time . . . and he put up with me. Sweet kid.
5. I am grateful things always get better . . . always. (Sometimes we just can't see the bright side yet . . . especially if you're as stubborn as I am.)

No comments: