Thursday, December 4, 2008

We Did It

Well, we survived Ian's first day at his new job. I didn't realize it until last night, but today was the first day EVER that we've been married with kids and Ian hasn't had a work from home job! I thought I'd be a lot more lonely and frazzled without another adult in the house to vent to, but Eliza kept me company with all of her adorable (almost 3 year old!) chatter. She says some of the cutest things, which I need during my day! I think I have a tendency to be too serious sometimes, so her comedic comments and Hudson's (9 month old) baby kisses -- you know the ones where they come towards you with their months open like they're going to eat your whole cheek! -- really helped the time fly. Plus, somehow I played it right and Hudson took his naps today! That was a nice 15 minute break! I know, we're working on longer naps, but I'm just excited he actually laid down in his crib and fell asleep! So, now I better get to sleep since the morning will bring the same routine and I need to have some small level of energy in order to get everyone else going!

1 comment:

Sasha said...

I am so glad that you survived. It is hard sometimes to be home alone ALL BY YOURSELF all friggin day...but that is why you do playgroups and shop etc...so the hours at home are not as long.

I hope that this job will be good for your entire family!